Annual Photo Contest 2017
Courting and Nesting Birds
Rules for participation
- Only members may submit photos. There is no charge to participate.
- Photos taken in the past five years will be eligible for submission.
- Photos must be of South Texas birds that are engaged in courting displays, plumage displays, gathering nest materials, nest construction, feeding of nestlings, parasitism or other habits and behaviors of reproductive efforts. Use common sense and do not disturb the birds when capturing your photos. With the long lens for SLR cameras and telephoto of point and shoot it is not necessary to come into close contact with the birds at this critical time.
- There will be a limit of 3 (three) entries per member.
- Printed photo entries 8 X 10 or 8 ½ X 11 must be delivered per one of the following in order to be reviewed before the Festival.
- Brought to the ACAS October 12, 2017 meeting.
- Delivered to Linda Butcher by November 1, 2017
- Mailed to ACAS, PO Box 531582, Harlingen, TX 78553
- Eighteen printed photos, after review, will be displayed at the ACAS booth at the RGV Birding Festival November 9-12, 2017 to be voted on by the trade show attendees.
- The photographers of the first, second and third place photographs, as determined by the Festival voters, will be awarded prizes.
- The winners will be announced at the November 16, 2017 ACAS program meeting at the Harlingen Library, meeting begins at 6:00 pm. Photos will be returned at the November or December meeting. The photos may be donated to ACAS for educational purposes.
- All photos entered may be used by ACAS for any official publication.
- Prizes TBD